Global Change Ecology, Biogeography, and Biodiversity Conservation
Welcome to the website of Dr. Stephanie Pau's research group! We are moving to UC Berkeley's Department of Geography and Department of Environmental Science, Policy, and Management in January 2024!
- We study how species, communities, and ecosystem functions change through space and time.
- We use a variety of approaches such as remote sensing, field surveys, and statistical modeling.
- We advance basic knowledge as a foundation to solve societal problems such as our planet's irreplaceable loss of biodiversity and rapidly changing climate.
- We value diverse forms of knowledge and evidence-based decisions.
- We believe that scientific integrity cannot be separated from personal integrity and well-being.
- We hope our work leads to a better place to live for all beings on Earth.